Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Alsenoth's Lament

Alsenoth's Lament is a lyrical song that I wrote for my Tarterrior book series. It shows the suffering and pain that Alsenoth has experienced, and his acknowledgment of why he has fallen. This song/poem is full of regret and I hope that the depth of emotion is easily conveyed when read.

Alsenoth’s Lament
By Adam Gonzales

So now the moon sets down
The once bright sun burns out
Can all this come from one lie
Why did I have to hide

And now I know what I was all along
As I kneel and mourn for the loss of love’s sweet song
But now I’ve faded
I become the hated
I’m lost

And as the end draws near I accept my empty fate
So full of fear, of loneliness and hate
But now I let
My soul turn to regret
I’m dead

But if there’s hope upon an empty throne
I know that I’ll wear it so sad and all alone
For you’ve discarded
My broken heart and
I’m fault

I know I fooled myself
I’ve made it my own Hell
By saying that it’d be alright
If I simply mingled in the inky depths of Night

For now the stars give up
My white intents were not enough
All of this came from the blackness of deceit
And the burning fear that slowly raised its heat

Now I say goodbye
I know that she truly tried
The pain I feel in the fading of my heart
Is not alive, for after all my soul’s been ripped apart

No comments:

Post a Comment